If you run your own business, you know how important your website is for marketing, sales and customer service. It’s typically the first place that people will come to find out what you do and it’s an essential part of the customer experience.
You don't have to be a coder, a software engineer or a graphic designer to build a great website. However, you do need to use a professional web builder tool that offers all the necessary functionality so you can create an impressive website that works hard for your business and maximises online sales opportunities.
So, what makes a great website?
- It's easy to read and navigate;
- It works across all devices, including smartphones;
- It's highly visible on search engines such as Google;
- It showcases your brand, your products and services;
- It tells your story and introduces the team;
- It allows your customers to interact with you;
- It offers social proof, with reviews, ratings and testimonials;
- It brings in sales, with ecommerce functionality.
Choosing the right software to build a website is an important decision for your business. Make sure the app you choose offers all of these crucial tools:
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimisation): SEO helps your website to appear prominently on search engines like Google when customers search for a business like yours. It’s about using specific words and phrases in your web copy and page descriptions so that your website is easily found by customers when they search for related keywords. A good web builder can help you with SEO, offering features such as on-page SEO analysis, keyword research and content optimisation.
2. Landing pages. Every page on your website counts but landing pages are special - visitors land here when they’ve clicked on a link because they’re interested in your products or services. A good landing page has to provide the information they’re seeking, keep them on board and convert them into customers. A web builder that provides templates and simple block-building functionality will make it easy to create these vital web pages.
3. Web chat. Customers want answers and if they don’t get the information they need quickly, there’s a good chance that they will head to one of your competitors. Live chat is a great tool for customer support, giving visitors the chance to interact with your team members in real time and get answers to their questions. This feature helps improve customer engagement and it increases conversion rates by providing immediate assistance to visitors before they go elsewhere.
4. Responsive design. In today’s mobile-first world, your website must look as good and function as well on smartphones and tablets as it does on computer screens. That means you need a responsive website that automatically adjusts to different screen sizes and devices. Responsive design improves the user experience and increases your chances of converting web visitors into customers.
6. Ecommerce. Selling online makes perfect sense for small businesses: for a relatively low cost. You can reach a large pool of potential customers and your store is open 24/7. Successful ecommerce relies on robust systems and security to build customer trust. When you’re choosing a website builder, make sure that it offers seamless integration with popular ecommerce platforms, allowing you to easily set up an online storefront for your business.
7. Google Analytics integration. To get the most out of your website, you need to know what’s working and what isn’t. Google Analytics allows you to track and analyse the traffic on your website. It provides valuable insights into the behaviour of your audience, helping you understand their preferences, demographics and other relevant information. Google Analytics integration with your website will allow you to use this data to improve your results.
8. Social media integration. Many sales are made because of content posted on social media. To make sure you don’t miss out on any leads, it’s important to make sure your website integrates with popular social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and X (formerly Twitter). Share your website content on social media platforms, increase your brand awareness and drive more traffic back to your website.
9. User management. Your website-building software must have robust user management capabilities, allowing you to manage the access privileges, roles and permissions of different users within your business. This is essential for security and it prevents unauthorised access to sensitive information; it’s also vital that you give the right access to key members of your team so they can easily update your website.
10. Lead generation. With the right setup, your website can help you find new customers and make more money. Lead generation methods, such as forms, surveys and quizzes, will allow you to capture the contact details and interests of potential customers, enabling you to nurture them and convert them into paying customers in the future.
When you’re looking for the best website builder for your business, it’s vital to identify a provider which offers a full range of tools and functionality. Bitrix24, for example, provides all of these features and can help you create a professional website with optimised SEO and high conversion rates. By implementing these tools, you can enhance the overall user experience, increase conversions and drive more traffic to your website.
Copyright 2023. Article written by Rachel Miller, Tech Donut